VBI Vaccines Inc. (“VBI” or the “Company”) collects Personal Data (as defined below) in order to serve you and communicate with you. VBI respects the privacy of visitors to this website and this Privacy Statement explains how VBI collects, uses, and discloses your Personal Data and answers specific questions that you may have regarding privacy and security.
This Privacy Statement applies to the operation of this website and other applications (including mobile applications), that directly link to this statement.
1. Types of Personal Data VBI May Collect
This Privacy Statement explains our practices with regard to “Personal Data.” Personal Data is any information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you. It also includes other information that may be associated with such Personal Data. Examples of types of Personal Data:
- Contact Data, which includes information such as your name, email address, or phone numbers;
- Geo-location Data, as may be transmitted to us by your smart phone or other location-aware devices; and/or
2. How VBI Collects Personal Data
In most cases, we collect Personal Data directly from you that you voluntarily submit to us. We will ask you for Personal Data when you interact with us, such as registering on our websites, using any interactive features or applications, signing up to receive a newsletter or a rebate, participating in a savings program, making a direct purchase, or calling or emailing us to ask questions. We may collect additional data from other sources, such as public records, and/or third-party data suppliers who enhance our files, and/or from social media sites such as Facebook.
3. How VBI Uses Personal Data
VBI may use your Personal Data for its business purposes, such as:
- To respond to your requests for information, products, services;
- To provide you with marketing communications and offers for products and services;
- If you have a business or professional relationship with VBI, to develop our business relationship with you;
- For our research and development efforts;
- To monitor and analyze our respective business operations and website and other applications usage;
- To anonymize data so that it is no longer Personal Data
For other everyday business purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, website administration, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting, and legal compliance.
4. When and Why Personal Data Is Disclosed by VBI
VBI does not sell, share, or otherwise distribute your Personal Data with third parties for their marketing purposes. VBI will share your Personal Data only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. For example, we may share your Personal Data as follows:
- We may share your Personal Data with your consent or as you direct.
- We may share your Personal Data with our affiliated companies, product co-promotion and co-marketing partners, which may only use your Personal Data for the purposes listed herein.
- We may also disclose your Personal Data when requested under legal process or otherwise required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
- Please note that we may also disclose data about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may publish reports that contain aggregate and statistical data about our customers. These reports do not contain any data that would enable the recipient to contact, locate, or identify you.
5. Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we collect certain data by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
For example, when you visit our website, we may place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store data or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of data from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect data about the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located and the date and time you visit our sites and the pages you visit. Our server logs also record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect data about the website you were visiting before you came to VBI and the website you visit after you leave our site.
In many cases, the data we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to Personal Data. For example, we use data we collect about all website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns.
VBI has relationships with third party advertising companies such as Google to place advertisements on some of our websites which may include this website and other websites, and to perform tracking and reporting functions for this website and other websites. These third-party advertising companies may place cookies on your computer when you visit our website or other websites so that they can display targeted advertisements to you. These third-party advertising companies do not collect Personal Data in this process, and we do not give any Personal Data to them as part of this process. However, this Privacy Statement does not cover the collection methods or use of the data collected by these vendors. For more information about third party advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at www.networkadvertising.org.
6. Social Media Plug-ins
This website uses social medial plugins (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button, “Share to Twitter” button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our website, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) while browsing on our website, the social plugins allow that social media websites to share data about your activities on our website with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allows Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allows you to see your friends’ Facebook activity on our website. VBI does not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
7. Do-Not Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Websites linked to this Privacy Statement may not respond to these “do-not-track” signals.
8. Your Choices
You can always limit the data you provide to VBI, but if you choose not to provide certain requested information, you may be unable to access some of the services, offers, and content on our websites. You can also limit the communications that VBI may send to you by following a simple opt-out process. Simply follow the instructions in our advertisement/promotional emails to opt-out of receiving future marketing communications.
You can manage cookie preferences and opt-out of having cookies and other data collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser. All browsers are different, so visit the “Help” section of your browser to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available.
You can opt-out of being targeted by those third-party advertising companies that are NAI members online at www.networkadvertising.org.
9. Access and Correction
VBI takes reasonable measures to maintain updated and accurate Personal Data and we respect your right to access and correct your Personal Data. You may update your Personal Data at any time by contacting us online at vbistaging.wpengine.com/contact. You can also write us at the address in the “How to Contact Us” section below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, email address, and detailed information about the change(s) you would like to make.
10. Data Security
VBI has implemented a data security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard your Personal Data from unlawful use and unauthorized disclosure. However, no system is completely secure or error-free. We do not, and cannot, guarantee the complete security of your personal information.
11. Disclosure to Subsequent Owner or Operator
If all or part of VBI is sold or merged into another entity, the data we have about you may be transferred to a third party as part of that transaction. We will try to assure that no Personal Data that is transferred will be used or shared in a manner inconsistent with this Privacy Statement without your consent. However, in the event of a sale or merger, your continued use of this site signifies your agreement to be bound by the privacy statement and other applicable terms of the subsequent owner or operator.
12. Consent to Processing in the United States and Elsewhere
This site is owned and operated by VBI in the United States, but the data you provide will be accessible to our product co-promotion and co-marketing partners, affiliates, vendors, and suppliers in other countries. Furthermore, if you are visiting this site from another country other than the United States, your communication with us will necessarily result in the transfer of data across international boundaries. The level of legal protection for Personal Data is not the same in all countries. However, we will take the security measures described in this Privacy Statement in an effort to keep your data secure. By using this site, you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the United States and in any country to which we may transfer your data in the course of our business operations.
13. Privacy Statements of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of data by VBI. We may provide links to outside websites or advertisements for third parties that have their own privacy statements and data collection, use and disclosure practices. Our independent dealers, suppliers and business partners have their own privacy statements, too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with data or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
14. Children’s Privacy
VBI websites and applications are not intended to attract children, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data of anyone under the age of 13. If you believe your child is using our website, please contact us online at vbistaging.wpengine.com/contact, so we can investigate and delete any inappropriate data.
15. Forums, Product Reviews and Other Public Areas
16. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will only use Personal Data in the manner described in this Privacy Statement in effect when the data was collected from you. However, we reserve the right to change the terms of this Privacy Statement at any time by posting revisions to our site. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will either notify you or place a prominent notice on our website. If at any point, we decided to use Personal Data in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, you will be given a choice to allow or disallow any additional uses or disclosures of your personally identifiable data, beyond that which was stated in this Privacy Statement at the time your data was collected.
Any portions of this policy are void to the extent they are prohibited by applicable law.
17. How to Contact Us and Your Rights
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, your privacy choices, or this Privacy Statement. You can always reach us online at vbistaging.wpengine.com/contact. You may contact us to update or correct much of your personal information that you provided to us through the Site, or to opt out from our mailings and other services and communications that you may have signed up for.
If you choose to contact us via mail at the address below, please provide your name, address, email address, and information about the communication that you do not want to receive.
VBI Vaccines Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
160 Second Street, Floor 3
Cambridge, MA 02142
In addition, you may contact us at vbistaging.wpengine.com/contact at any time to request access to the personal data we hold about you, to correct any mistakes or to request deletion of the same or withdraw your consent to certain types of processing of your personal data. If such a request places VBI or its affiliates in breach of its obligations under applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice, then VBI may not be able to comply with your request. However, you may be able to request that we block the use of your personal information for further processing. You may also have a right to data portability to another data controller under certain circumstances.
CCPA Privacy Notice (Notice for California Consumers)
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) gives California residents the right to know what Personal Information VBI Vaccines Inc. (“VBI,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) collects about them, including whether it is being sold or disclosed to third parties.
In this Notice, “Personal Information” (or “PI”) means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with you or your household, whether directly or indirectly.
The CCPA also grants certain rights to California residents, including the right to delete their Personal Information (subject to certain exceptions) and the right to prevent VBI from selling their Personal Information. Companies are also prohibited from retaliating or discriminating against consumers for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
All companies need to collect and share consumers’ Personal Information for everyday business purposes, marketing, and maintenance of the safety, security, and integrity of their websites and other assets, among other reasons. This Notice provides the information required under the CCPA and applies to both VBI’s online and offline activities.
The types of Personal Information we collect and disclose depends on your relationship and interaction with VBI. Please review the information below to learn about our data collection and disclosure practices generally. The information below describes the categories of personal information we have collected in the preceding 12 months, along with the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, the purpose for collecting or selling the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information, and if we sell the information, the categories of third parties to whom we sell it.
In addition to the purposes for collecting and sharing Personal Information described in the information below, VBI may collect and disclose any and all Personal Information to our service providers and corporate affiliates (but only as necessary or appropriate to perform legitimate business purposes). We also collect and disclose any and all Personal Information as necessary to: comply with laws and regulations; monitor, investigate potential breaches of, and enforce compliance with VBI’s policies and procedures and legal and regulatory requirements; comply with civil, criminal, judicial, or regulatory inquiries, investigations, subpoenas, or summons; and exercise or defend the legal rights of VBI and its employees, affiliates, customers, contractors, and agents. We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information nor use the Personal Information collected for additional purposes without providing you notice.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights under the CCPA with respect to your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions and exemptions:
- Right to Notice: Before or at the time we collect Personal Information from you, you have the right to receive notice of the Personal Information to be collected and the purposes for which we use it. This Notice is intended to satisfy this requirement. You also have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months, along with the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Information, the categories of third parties with whom we shared the Personal Information, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold the Personal Information, if any.
- Right of Access: You have the right to request that we disclose or provide you with access to the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
- Right to Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we collect from you. However, in certain situations we are not required to delete your Personal Information, such as when the information is necessary in order to complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, to provide a good or service requested by you, to comply with a legal obligation, to engage in research, to secure our websites or other online services, or to otherwise use your Personal Information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Personal Information: VBI does not sell your Personal Information. VBI does not sell the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
- Right Not to Be Subject to Discrimination: You have the right to be free from discrimination or retaliation for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA as described above.
VERIFICATION: We value the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information. Therefore, if you exercise your right to notice, right of access, or right to deletion, we must first verify your identify to make sure that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Information. We will verify every request carefully.
- Along with your request, we will ask that you provide us with a scanned copy of a government-issued ID and/or use a multi-factor authentication process to confirm your identity.
- When all of your household members jointly submit a request, we will ask that each of you provide us a scanned copy of a government-issued ID and/or use a multi-factor authentication process to confirm your identities.
You may also authorize someone else to submit these requests on your behalf. To do so, you may designate directly with us another person who may act on your behalf by providing us with a notarized copy of power of attorney, or ask the authorized agent to provide us with a copy of your written permission and a scanned copy of their own government-issued ID.
You have the right to be free from discrimination or retaliation for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. We may, however, charge a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to VBI by your Personal Information. Further, we may offer you financial incentives in return for your Personal Information. Should we offer such programs, we will provide you with additional information at the time you enroll.
Call (617) 830-3031 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us with questions regarding this Notice. California residents who are unable to review or access this Notice due to a disability may email us at email@example.com to request access to this Notice in an alternative format.